Saturday, May 27, 2006

 
And of course, when I heard that someone thought he had heard shots fired at the Capitol, all I could think was, "Uh oh, Cynthia McKinney's at it again!"

Actually, when I first heard about the events at the Rayburn Building, I was at the gym. It happened that as the news flashed on the TV tuned to CNN, I was listening to R.E.M.'s "Ignoreland": "They marched into the Capitol..." OK, that's obscure, even weak, but then, truth is triangular: any statement of relationship (x is like y, for instance), really means, from the observer's point of view, x and y seem to line up, the way stars that are really very distant from each other seem, to an observer on Earth, to be in the same constellation.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?